Hadoop and NoSQL Operations Engineer
The Hadoop and NoSQL Engineer will be part of Apple's Data engineering and architecture team to help implement our second-generation data Processing platform, based on the combination of Hadoop, Hive, HBASE, Cassandra and MongoDB. This position will be responsible for gathering information regarding and analyze Apple's Big Data Processing.
- Solid understanding of large scale data management environments (relational and/or nosql).
- Strong software engineering skills preferably with Java in a Linux environment.
- Cloud, Java, Text mining, Search, Distributed computing, Linux.
- Understanding of distributed data theories (CAP Theorem etc..).
- Experience with Hadoop and MapReduce and other open source scalable data store technologies.
- Experience with Hive QL Tuning is a plus.
Designing, developing and maintaining scalable analytic solutions using HADOOP, HIVE, HBASE, and other open source NOSQL technologies. Participate in the research, design and development of scaling strategies for our very large and growing data assets. Algorithm Development, Back-End Automation, Problem Solving, Scalability Architecture and Large Scale Open Source Data Processing. Lead data strategy, design and architecture while providing guidance to the application development team on how to utilize the capabilities of NoSQL Technologies. Establish analytics and decision support capability that enable the business, product and technology teams to make data-driven decisions on the best ways to acquire customers and maximize lifetime value.
BS/MS in Computer Science/ Any Engineering , experience 5 years in case of BS and 4 years in case of MS.