Data Centre Facilities Analyst
Data Centre Facilities Analyst
- Operational processes of the DC Facilities team in support of services provided to our internal stakeholders.
- Based in centre of the Sydney CBD
- Full Time Temporary (6 Month) opportunity with great staff benefits
Allianz is looking for a Data Centre Facilities Analyst to join our IT Infrastructure and Operations team based in the Sydney CBD on a Full Time Temporary basis (6 month).
This role reports into the local DCF Manager and is accountable generally for the operational processes of the DC Facilities team in support of services provided to our internal stakeholders. The role will initially be for a 6 month contract, mainly covering project work, may also assist in support of the day to day tasks. It will require coordination and travel between sites in Sydney and could also cover support on weekends.
The key skills & experience required for this position are as follows:-
- A key requirement is supervising physical access by vendors to IT Rooms. Other administrative responsibilities include power monitoring, installation and coordination of intelligent PDU and in-line meters, collation, verification and publishing of monthly governance, capacity management and other requisite reports for all Sydney sites.
- Responsible for ensuring that all Incidents/Requests are closed within the stipulated SLA and any escalations should be immediately diverted to the relevant support teams.
- Coordination and manage Installation & Removal of Equipment in the data centre consistent with formal processes. Supervise the Installation of vendor equipment in racks, and management of capacity figures for Rack space used. Facilitate receipt / pick-up of IT material at Sydney sites; verify the delivery note with the material Delivered. Coordinate with vendor for the movement of servers between the locations including the mounting / Un-mounting of Equipment in Rack.
- Subcontractor management and supervision including maintenance, repair and new installations. Both inside and outside of normal business hours
- Ensuring support of all infrastructure systems is provided effectively on a 24 hour basis and maintaining a stable complement of motivated technology professionals and utilising third party resources wherever necessary to maximise capacity.
- Ensure that all activities within the site are completed on time or as per requirement received or requested by the DC Facilities team.
- At least 3 years' experience managing a Data Centre from both an build & run perspective
- Knowledge of data centres, data cabling and cable management
- Demonstrated technical skills and experience in supportingunderstanding of electrical and/or mechanical services infrastructure.
- At least 3 years' experience in subcontractor management
- A degree in Information Technology or related area or equivalent Industry experience
In return, at Allianz you can expect to be recognized for your commitment and rewarded for high performance with excellent employee benefits and opportunities for ongoing career development.